Life insurance for you and your loved ones
R-Vie Protect is a life insurance that combines protection and savings. You can make periodic payments to build up a capital for later in life or to protect your loved ones in the event of death.
R-Vie Protect comes with a minimum term of 10 years and three personal protection options:
- Option 60: the minimum death capital guaranteed is 60% of the gross payments scheduled over the full term of the policy;
- Option 100: the minimum death capital guaranteed is 100% of the gross payments scheduled over the full term of the policy;
- Option 200: the minimum death capital guaranteed is 200% of the gross payments scheduled over the full term of the policy;
Benefits for you
- You choose how often you want to pay in: monthly (min., EUR50), annually (min. EUR600) or a single premium.
- Free choice of beneficiary
- No withholding tax on the interest earned
- Capital paid out on maturity exempt from income tax
- Choice of which solution suits you from our 3 options
Save while reducing your tax burden
R-Vie Protect premiums are deductible up to the basic limit stipulated in article 111 L.I.R. (672 EUR/person). The minimum policy term is 10 years.
To enable the deduction of the full annual premium in the case of a policy with monthly premiums in the first year, a single payment can be made in addition to the first monthly premium.
Capital paid out on maturity exempt from income tax.
|Situation||Maximum annual deductible amount|
|Single person without children||672 EUR|
|Single with 1 child||1,344 EUR|
|Childless couple||1,344 EUR|
|Couple with 1 child||2,016 EUR|
|Couple with 2 children||2,688 EUR|
|Couple with 3 children||3,360 EUR|
|Additional children||672 EUR per child|
N.B. the total deductible amount covers all deductible insurance premiums plus interest expense on personal loans.
The table below gives an indication of the overall tax impact, depending on the term of the R-Vie Protect policy and the marginal tax rate.
|Years||Marginal tax rate|
|10 years||+/- 1,600 EUR||+/- 2,300 EUR||+/- 2,800 EUR|
|20 years||+/- 3,200 EUR||+/- 4,600 EUR||+/- 5,600 EUR|
|25 years||+/- 4,000 EUR||+/- 5,750 EUR||+/- 7,000 EUR|
N.B. Example calculation: Total tax impact of annual premiums of EUR 672
Examples on the basis of the INCOME TAX BRACKETS applicable as from the 2017 tax year:
Marginal tax rate 22%
- Single person with annual income of +/- 30,000 EUR
- Married couple with annual income of +/- 60,000 EUR
Marginal tax rate 32%
- Single person with annual income of +/- 39,000 EUR
- Married couple with annual income of +/- 78,000 EUR
Marginal tax rate 39%
- Single person with annual income of +/- 48,000 EUR
- Married couple with annual income of +/- 96,000 EUR
- R-Vie Protect may be a single-life or joint policy. In a joint policy, the death payment is made for the first death of the two insured parties.
- No retroactive effect
- Minimum subscription period: 10 years
- Maximum age at term:
- Primary cover: 75
- Additional cover: 65 (50 for disability due to illness)
- Minimum periodic premiums: EUR50 per month or EUR600 per year
- Premiums payable on the dates set in the agreement
- Minimum capital at term: EUR8,000
- Reset option: yes
- Entry fees: 3.5%
- Possibility of depositing a single premium at any time during the year
Transactions during the life of the policy
Reductions, suspensions and cash surrender are possible subject to the conditions and limits set out in the policy’s general terms and conditions.
Our Raiffeisen advisors are on hand to help you find the best option for your requirements.
Where to find us
Raiffeisen has branches all over Luxembourg, making your life easier! You will be able to find a branch or ATM wherever you are!