IBAN-LUX, the new bank account number structure for Luxembourg
The use of IBAN-format account numbers has been mandatory since 1st July 2005.
- IBAN = "International Bank Account Number"
- Date of enforcement: 9.9.2002
- Structure: length set at 20 alphanumeric positions
Positions 1 and 2: country code according to ISO standards (Luxembourg=LU)
Positions 3 and 4: check digit
Positions 5 to 7: bank code (Raiffeisen Bank = 009)
Positions 8 to 20: positions determined by each bank
- Printed format: 6 blocks of 4 positions, separated by spaces; 1st block = IBAN
- Bank ID forms can be printed out at any agency in our network
- Your Raiffeisen Bank account number:
|Country code||Check digit||Bank code||Account no.|
Work out your new IBAN number
(Only valid for numbers for Raiffeisen accounts!)