Frequently asked questions about our credit cards
If you have one of the following cards: Mastercard Web, Mastercard Blue, Mastercard Gold or VISA Premier, you will receive a Visa card. The change will be automatic.
Your new card will be sent to your postal address until May 2021.
If you have a Visa Classic, you will receive a new card by post when your current card expires. The replacement will be automatic.
You can find all our offers here.
If you change address, please inform your advisor as soon as possible by using our contact form.
The new card you will receive will be deactivated. To activate it, go to an ATM* or a shop/business, insert your card into the terminal and enter your PIN. Once your card is activated, you can also make online purchases.
If you have a staggered payment card, your new card cannot be activated until 24/05/2021.
(*) Cash withdrawel fees will be applied.
If you have a Mastercard Web and/or a Mastercard Blue, your card will be automatically replaced by a Visa Basic card.
If you have a Mastercard Gold, your card will be automatically replaced by a Visa Gold card.
If you have a Visa Premier, your card will be automatically replaced by a Visa Platinum card.
Discover all the advantages of our cards.
Your old card will be deactivated as soon as you make your first transaction using your PIN with your new card.
For security reasons, we also recommend that you destroy your old card once it is deactivated.
Please be aware that your old card will be automatically blocked on May 31st, 2021 even if you have not activated/used your new Visa card by this date.
If you have a staggered payment card, your old card will be deactivated at about 6 a.m. on 24/05/2021.
Yes, if you are getting a Visa Classic, Visa Gold or Visa Platinum credit card. In this case, your current credit card’s PIN will apply, so you will not receive a new PIN for these cards.
For Visa Basic:
- If you have a Mastercard Web card, you will receive a new PIN for your new Visa Basic card
- If you have a Mastercard Blue card, the PIN will remain the same for your new Visa Basic card
· If you have both a Mastercard Web and a Mastercard Blue card, which are being replaced by a single Visa Basic card, the PIN for your Mastercard Blue card will be the PIN for your new Visa Basic card.
Will anything change for me as a result of Mastercard credit cards being discontinued at Banque Raiffeisen?
No. As Visa credit cards are the most widespread and accepted in the world, Banque Raiffeisen’s withdrawal of Mastercard credit cards will have no tangible impact on cardholders.
Yes – the design of Banque Raiffeisen’s Visa credit cards has been completely refreshed:
- Visual: The new visuals are a nod to biodiversity and nature
- Contours: The cards’ contours are colourful so that you can spot them more easily in your wallet
- Quick read: All essential information (card number, cardholder’s name, expiry date, CVC/CVV code) is shown on the back of the card
- Environmentally responsible: The pledge written on the back of the card “I support action against climate change” reminds you of how you contribute, by using your card, to environmentally responsible principles
Yes. As soon as your new card is activated, it will also work in contactless mode.
To activate your card, go to an ATM or a shop/business, insert your card into the terminal and enter your PIN.
No. The outstanding amounts on your old Mastercard/Visa Premier will not be moved across to your new Visa card. These amounts will stay on your old card until the next payment date.
If you have a staggered payment card, the outstanding balance on your old card will be migrated to your new card at about 6 a.m. on 24/05/2021.
Thereafter, you will no longer be able to use your old card. Your payments made using the old card between the closing date for the May statement (around midnight on 22/05) and the time at which the outstanding balance is carried across (about 6 a.m. on 24/05) will be debited in full (100% of the closing balance on 19/06) on 01/07/2021 from the account to which your card is linked.
Your old card’s spending limit will be automatically carried across to the new card. If you have both a Mastercard Blue and a Mastercard Web, the spending limit of your Master Card Blue will be automatically carried across to your new Visa card.
There is no change with regard to insurance and services. They will be the same as they currently are, except for the Visa Basic.
Will my new Visa card be automatically enrolled with 3D Secure, or will I have to register it myself on R-Net?
If you have an R-Net contract, your new Visa credit card will be automatically enrolled with 3D Secure. Your card will not work with 3D Secure without an R-Net contract.
- As a cardholder, you must have logged into your R-Net e-banking at least once using a LuxTrust Token or LuxTrust Mobile. If you log in with a LuxTrust Stick or Smartcard, contact your advisor. They can help you order a LuxTrust Token.
- Check if 3D Secure is active for your card. (3D Secure is a secure online credit card payment technology. Read more about 3D Secure ...). Check in your R-Net in the "Cards" tab if the status of the 3D Secure badge on your card's line says "3D Secure active". Please note that only the cardholder can check the enrollment of his own cards in his own R-Net contract.
- Check if you have made at least one transaction in a store or at an ATM by inserting your card in the terminal (with PIN entry)
If the problem persists, please contact our helpdesk and indicate the date, time and amount of the transaction.
This new range of sustainable cards, unique in Luxembourg, consists of 4 different Visa credit cards:
- Visa Basic
- Visa Classic
- Visa Gold
- Visa Platinum
Thanks to these new credit cards, you can commit to environmental causes: for every 200 transactions made using any of Banque Raiffeisen’s Visa credit cards, a tree is planted in Luxembourg or Bangladesh.
This way, all Banque Raiffeisen Visa credit card holders contribute to preserving biodiversity and combating global warming.
Are all transactions using a Banque Raiffeisen Visa credit card taken into account for planting trees?
All physical and online transactions made using a Banque Raiffeisen Visa credit card are taken into account for planting trees, regardless of whether you make these transactions in Luxembourg or abroad.
Will the data that I have saved regarding digital services and subscriptions be automatically updated (e.g. online shopping, streaming platforms, digital wallets, etc.)?
No. As your card number and security details will change, you must re-register your card for your digital services and subscriptions.
As a member of Banque Raiffeisen, you can also exchange 1,000 OPERA points for the planting of one tree.
Can I see how many trees have been planted thanks to Banque Raiffeisen Visa credit cards and exchanges of OPERA points?
We have put in place a specific counter to keep track of how many trees have been planted thanks to Banque Raiffeisen Visa credit cards, and how many have been planted through exchanging OPERA points. You can find the counter here: letsplanttrees.lu.
This counter is updated every month.
We have expanded OPERA PLUS to also cover the Visa Platinum credit card.
The Visa credit cards included in OPERA PLUS are:
- Visa Gold: standard OPERA PLUS tariff
- Visa Platinum: standard OPERA PLUS tariff plus surchage of 4,50€ monthly
The following Visa credit cards are included in the Green Code Study package:
- Visa Classic
- Visa Basic
Mastercard Web and Mastercard Blue credit cards will be replaced by the Visa Basic card.
To apply for a credit card, contact us either by phone on 2450-1000 or by using our form.